Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Kaye-Ailsa Rowan, MFT
- LMFT | LMFT 47779
- | (if applicable)
- 1520 The Alameda Ste 120 San Jose, California 95126
- (408) 390-3680
About Kaye-Ailsa Rowan MFT
- Adolescents, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Creativity, Eating Disorders/Body Image, Immigration/Acculturation, LGBQIA, Parenting, Polyamory and Alternative Relationship Configurations, Race/Ethnicity and Culture, Spirituality, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Violence/Abuse, Womens Concerns
- ADA Accessible Office, Supervision/Consultation
- CBT, Experiential/Somatic Therapy, Expressive Arts, Family Therapy, Feminist, Mindfulness
- Superbill; Victim/Witness
- Cisgender Female
- White/European American
I provide psychotherapy for families and for individual adults, teens, and children. I work with people of all ages from 4 and up, including elders. I help people of sizes, genders, and orientations; from many racial and ethnic groups or economic classes; and holding widely varying religious beliefs (or none).
My special therapeutic focus is helping people who are rebuilding their sense of self or their family relationships after disorienting experiences. Examples include dealing with grief or trauma; coming out; breaking up or divorcing; changing careers; or experiencing a spiritual crisis. I am also available to provide supervision or consultation.
Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
Clinical Member, International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
Faculty Member, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (ITP) at Sofia University, Palo Alto, CA
M.A., Counseling Psychology, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology
B.A., English, Texas A&M University