Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Kristofer Joondeph-Breidbart, MD
- Physician's and Surgeon's License | A177531
- | (if applicable)
- 53 Chester St Somerville, Massachusetts 02144
- Telehealth throughout the state of CA
- (617) 804-7970
About Kristofer Joondeph-Breidbart MD
- Adult Performers, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Depression, Fertility/Infertility, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, HIV/AIDS, LGBQIA, Mens Concerns, OCD, Polyamory and Alt Relationship Configurations, Sexual Dysfunction, Sex Work, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD
- CBT, Mindfulness, Psychoanalytic
- Self-pay, will provide superbill for out of network benefits if your insurance has them
- Cisgender Male
- White/European American
I graduated from UMass Medical school and was trained in adult psychiatry at Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital. Prior to going to medical school I received a Masters in Teaching from Boston University and worked as a teacher. This unique background affects my approach to psychiatry. I believe that a good psychiatrist should work with you to help you learn about yourself and your mental health.
I am trained in a variety of therapeutic styles including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), psychodynamic therapy, supportive therapy, and Gottman style couples/relationship therapy.
During my time at CHA I worked extensively with the Gender and Sexuality Clinic to serve patients of diverse sexual and gender identities. I also co-lead a group therapy for individuals in polyamorous and non-monogamous relationships. I have taught at the American Psychiatric Association’s specialized rotation for HIV Psychiatry, including lectures on how to provide effective telepsychiatry, and I have presented at a national meeting on teaching providers how to better work with patients to prescribe medications.
I am a licensed physician in Massachusetts, New York, and California.
I offer in person appointments in Somerville, MA as well as secure telehealth appointments to those residing in Massachusetts, New York, and California.
In addition to medication management I offer individual and relationship/couples therapy.