Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Christhmus Presence, Registered Associate MFT, Registered Associate PCC
- Associate MFT, Associate PCC | 125037
- Shawana Booker | LCSW | 29165 (if applicable)
- Telehealth: Serving all of California San Francisco, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Jose, and more, California 94117
- All California-Telehealth
- (415) 585-8767
About Christhmus Presence Registered Associate MFT, Registered Associate PCC
- ACA/Codependency, ADD/ADHD, Adolescents, Adoption, Adult Performers, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anger Management, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Children, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Creativity, Depression, Eating Disorders/Body Image, Fertility/Infertility, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, HIV/AIDS, Immigration/Acculturation, LGBQIA, Mens Concerns, OCD, Parenting, Polyamory and Alt Relationship Configurations, Race/Ethnicity and Culture, Self Harm/Self Injury, Sexual Dysfunction, Sex Work, Spirituality, Substance Use/Abuse/Addiction, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Violence/Abuse, Womens Concerns
- Japanese, Spanish
- Family Therapy, Feminist, Gestalt, Group Therapy, Mindfulness, Sex Therapy
- Gender Nonconforming, Genderqueer
Welcome--whether these are first steps or a familiar return, may our journey together support your movement.
I am a Chinese-American Queer, by Ancestors’ way of Guangdong Province, China. My family settled on Muwekma Ohlone territory (San Francisco) 3.5 generations ago, where I was born. Some guiding pillars include liberation psychology, narrative psychology, trauma-informed therapy, somatic psychology, spirituality, expressive arts, and more. Tools held in support of self-resourcing, clarity, and ancestral connectivity include meditation, EFT Tapping, athletic coaching, EMDR-inspired Brainspotting, and ongoing training under Resmaa Menakem, LCSW.
I human in support of connectivity, equity, and accountability. I hold masters-level education and more than 15 years combined service in holistic counseling, meditation, facilitation, and sport training. My experience traverses diverse backgrounds, populations, and geographies.
My first name is pronounced like the holiday. The spelling contains "isthmus", or "a narrow strip of land that joins two larger pieces of land", and conveys my interests in relationship, the power of words, and the winter solstice. My last name furthers holiday vibes, word play, and offers a frame to relate to self, others, light, darkness, and more.
I enjoy the outdoors, creative expression, the power of community, and being in water.
Thank you for your interest and curiosity,