Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Stephanie Bain, Registered Associate MFT
- AMFT Number Pending | NPI 1891344974
- Erin Harrell | PSY27303 (if applicable)
- n/a Oakland, California 94606
- (510) 545-9329
About Stephanie Bain Registered Associate MFT
- ACA/Codependency, Adult Performers, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Depression, Eating Disorders/Body Image, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, LGBQIA, Polyamory and Alt Relationship Configurations, Self Harm/Self Injury, Sexual Dysfunction, Sex Work, Spirituality, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Violence/Abuse, Womens Concerns
- CBT, DBT, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Feminist, Mindfulness, Psychoanalytic
- Cisgender Female
- White/European American
I work with individuals who have been told they're “too sensitive” or “too much,” or have felt misunderstood or feel alienated from the mainstream. I work with non-traditional families or partners looking for a therapist who "gets it." You are not too intense, too much, too sensitive, too "out there." The whole of you is welcome with me. I do not seek to ‘fix’ clients. Instead, we will work collaboratively to discover and align with your inner wisdom.
I work with an existential-humanistic, psychodynamic, attachment-based, social justice-informed, trauma-informed lens and integrate behavioral modalities like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. I tailor my approach to the individuals' needs and goals. I believe human beings are complex individuals with different stories.
Together, we will increase awareness, break down unconscious patterns, build a greater understanding of yourself, heal and strengthen relationships, calm anxieties, communicate effectively. My job is to offer you tools and support and listen with a non-judgmental, affirming ear while we build trust.