Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Irina Alexander, Registered Associate MFT
- AMFT | 114392
- Genesee Herzberg | PSY26407 (if applicable)
- 3007 Telegraph Ave OAKLAND, California 94609
- (510) 929-0222
About Irina Alexander Registered Associate MFT
- Adolescents, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anger Management, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Children, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Creativity, Depression, Eating Disorders/Body Image, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, HIV/AIDS, Immigration/Acculturation, LGBQIA, Parenting, Polyamory and Alt Relationship Configurations, Race/Ethnicity and Culture, Self Harm/Self Injury, Sex Work, Substance Use/Abuse/Addiction, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Violence/Abuse, Womens Concerns
- English, Russian
- ADA Accessible Office, Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- Experiential/Somatic Therapy, Expressive Arts, Family Therapy, Feminist, Group Therapy, Mindfulness
- Cisgender Female
- White/European American
Irina received her Masters in Counseling Psychology from the University of San Francisco. Since moving to the Bay in 2012, she has been providing support to people from various backgrounds, lived experiences, and multiple layers of trauma. She is open to working on a wide range of difficulties identified by clients, and is LGBTQ, poly, and kink-friendly. Irina has also found a passion in psychedelic-assisted therapy, as well as helping people explore the relationships they have with their drug use through a harm reduction lens. Irina works in a client-centered orientation, focusing on the strength of relationships and looking at healing through an attachment theory framework with an eye towards social justice.
In therapy sessions with Irina, you can expect that she'll work with you at your own pace and follow your guidance while providing a comfortable space to process whatever feels salient in the moment.