Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Kristel Peterson, LCSW
- LCSW | 92970
- | (if applicable)
- 1067 Market St Suite 6005 San Francisco, California 94965
- (628) 777-5172
About Kristel Peterson LCSW
- Adult Performers, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anger Management, Anxiety/Panic, Creativity, Depression, Grief and Loss, HIV/AIDS, LGBQIA, Self Harm/Self Injury, Sex Work, Spirituality, Substance Use/Abuse/Addiction, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Violence/Abuse, Womens Concerns
- ADA Accessible Office, Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- CBT, DBT, Experiential/Somatic Therapy, Feminist, Mindfulness
- I am not an in-network provider, but can provide superbills.
- Cisgender Female
- White/European American
I believe that people have a inherent capacity to heal and learn new ways to navigate their life, even when life feels stuck. I work with people who are experiencing a broad range of issues, including generalized anxiety, social anxiety, depression, stress, addiction, life transitions, and unresolved trauma. I strive to offer a safe container where you can explore at a pace that works for you. Through increased awareness, we can uncover our capacity to bravely open to the fullness of our experience and create change from a place of our own inherent wisdom and compassion. My approach as a therapist is influenced by advanced training in body oriented (somatic) psychotherapy, mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy and contemplative psychology. I have worked with people from diverse backgrounds in a variety of clinical settings for the past 6 years including work with Veterans & those living with complex trauma. In addition to my private practice, I also work at St. James Infirmary, a non-profit, peer run organization serving current & former sex workers. I welcome folks of all genders & sexual expression.Therapy with me is collaborative & non-judgemental. Whatever you bring with you is welcome. It is important to find the right psychotherapist for you. Please reach out for a initial phone or in person consultation.