Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Mark Barajas, Ph.D.
- Licensed Psychologist | 30042
- | (if applicable)
- 2140 Shattuck Ave Suite 809 Berkeley, California 94704
- (510) 969-0758
About Mark Barajas Ph.D.
- Adolescents, Alternative Sexuality & Lifestyle, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Depression, Fetishism, Grief & Loss, Immigration/Acculturation, LGBQIA, Men's Concerns, Parenting, Race/Ethnicity and Culture, Sexual Dysfunction, Spirituality
- English, Spanish
- ADA Accessible Office, Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- CBT, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Family Therapy, Feminist, Mindfulness, Psychoanalytic
- Blue Cross / Anthem
- Cisgender Male
- Mexican/Mexican American, White/European American
Dr. Barajas, originally from Sacramento, CA, completed his doctoral training at Western Michigan University and post-doctoral training at University of California Berkeley. He also earned a Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology from University of California Davis, holds a lifetime California Clear Science Teaching Credential, and is fully Spanish-English bilingual.
In addition to serving clients, Dr. Barajas is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in the Psychology Department at Saint Mary's College of California where he teaches courses in counseling theory, psychopathology, and family psychology and conducts research examining the intersection of culture and mental health.
Dr. Barajas lives in the East Bay with his wife and two children.
Barajas Psychological Services (BPS) provides psychotherapy and psychological assessment to adults and adolescents with emphasis on the treatment of depression, anxiety, and mood disorders, cultural concerns, interpersonal relationships, grief and loss, men's issues, substance use and abuse, sex and sexuality, life transitions, and wellness. BPS also provides comprehensive psychological assessment related to intelligence and ADHD testing, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and career counseling.