Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Jacob Art, MFT
- MFT | 50229
- | (if applicable)
- 459 Fulton St. #107 San Francisco, California 94102
- (415) 854-1877
About Jacob Art MFT
- Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anxiety/Panic, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Depression, Eating Disorders/Body Image, Grief and Loss, Mens Concerns, Parenting, Spirituality, Trauma/PTSD
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Experiential/Somatic Therapy, Mindfulness
- Cisgender Male
- White/European American
I have been practicing psychotherapy since 2007 and I specialize in couples therapy. I have personally been in both poly and monogamous relationships, and I have worked with many gay, bi, trans and poly couples. I am particularly interested in working with monogamous couples that are beginning to open their relationship.
I began the path toward becoming a therapist when I was 20 years old and attended Naropa University, where Eastern and Western approaches to psychology are taught along with mindfulness training. I received my Masters degree from New College of California.
- I listen deeply to what you and what your body tells me. I ask a lot of good questions and make plenty of reflections on what I see and think about your situation.
- I offer empathy and challenge. We need to be felt and understood in our struggles, and we need help seeing the ways we’re holding ourselves back. I aim to find the right balance and timing of these and solicit your feedback along the way.
- More than just talk therapy, I’ll guide you in processing difficult emotions and finding a grounded resourcefulness in your body. I’ll ask you to notice what your experience is in the present as we’re doing therapy, and this will anchor positive emotional changes in your body and increase your general awareness and aliveness.