Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Charles Flores, LPCC, Ph.D.
- LPCC | 170
- | (if applicable)
- 2940 Summit Avenue Suite 2D Oakland, California 94609
- (415) 992-8260
About Charles Flores LPCC, Ph.D.
- ACA/Codependency, Alternative Sexuality & Lifestyle, Anger Management, BDSM/Kink, Fetishism, Immigration/Acculturation, Men's Concerns, Polyamory & Alt. Relationship Configurations, Race/Ethnicity and Culture, Spirituality, Substance Use/Abuse/Addiction, Trauma/PTSD
- English, Spanish
- ADA Accessible Office, Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- CBT, EMDR Therapy, Family Therapy, Gestalt, Mindfulness
- Cisgender Male
- Black/African American, Central/South American, Cuban/Cuban American, Filipino, Jewish, Native American/First Nations, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Puerto Rican, White/European American
For over 20 years, I have assisted people with a variety of addictions, from the exogenous abuse of drugs and alcohol, to the ones that stem from the chemicals already inside the brain, such as sex and love addiction, abandonment patterns, sexual compulsions, gambling, internet, and workaholism.
Unlike most other certified substance use treatment professionals (I am both an LAADC, MAC, and TTS), I am also psychotherapist who also treats the anxiety, depression, and other psychological issues that often manifest after being covered up by drugs and addictive behaviors.
I use Arnold Lazarus multimodal approach, Integral philosopher Ken Wilber's work, Terence Gorski/CBT, Buddhist psychology, family systems (genograms and constellations), biofeedback and other technologies that may aid in Recovery. I am an LPCC who has an endorsement the CA BBS to do family and couples work. I also teach treatment in universities.
As a South Bronx native who has worked with people of diverse range of ages, from teens to elders, traditional and alternative sexualities, ethnic backgrounds, socio-economics and classes, I partner with clients from "jail to Yale".