Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Amy Bouvin, LCSW
- LCSW | 66543
- Amy M Bouvin | (if applicable)
- 4062 Vermont St San Diego, California 92103
- VIRTUAL ONLY
- (631) 379-4377
About Amy Bouvin LCSW
- ACA/Codependency, Adolescents, Adoption, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anger Management, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Children, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Depression, Fertility/Infertility, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, Immigration/Acculturation, LGBQIA, Sexual Dysfunction, Substance Use/Abuse/Addiction, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Womens Concerns
- English, Spanish
- ADA Accessible Office, Sliding Scale / Low Fee, Supervision/Consultation
- CBT, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Experiential/Somatic Therapy, Family Therapy, Group Therapy, Mindfulness, Sex Therapy
- Cisgender Female
- White/European American
I (she, her, hers) believe all humans have the capacity to experience joy, pleasure and healthy connection to their sexual identities; however that is defined for them. Sex remains a taboo subject matter, increasing opportunities for feelings of shame, isolation, confusion and miscommunication. Sex therapy can facilitate conversations with the self, with partners and with our communities about our sexual narratives and what we want and deserve to feel and experience. I am passionate about social justice and believe in the innate potential of all people to realize themselves at their best. I have worked in social services and direct care with youth and families experiencing multiple stressors and challenges for over 6 years. This has inspired my path into private practice and my interest in healthy secure attachment, intimacy and sexuality. I specialize in sexual dysfunction and sexual therapy, and can work with individuals, couples or adolescents experiencing sexual challenges, gender identity issues, LGBTQ connected difficulties and sexual identity discovery.