Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Josie Valderrama, Psy.D.
- Psychologist | PSY27913
- | (if applicable)
- Valderrama Psychological, P.C. 2489 Mission Street, Suite 10 San Francisco, California 94110
- (415) 683-0470
About Josie Valderrama Psy.D.
- ACA/Codependency, ADD/ADHD, Adult Performers, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Creativity, Depression, Fetishism, LGBQIA, Polyamory and Alt Relationship Configurations, Race/Ethnicity and Culture, Sex Work, Spirituality, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Womens Concerns
- Sliding Scale / Low Fee, Supervision/Consultation
- CBT, DBT, Experiential/Somatic Therapy, Feminist, Hypnotherapy, Mindfulness
- Filipino, White/European American, Asian (Other)
Founding member of Open Minds, I have been a private practice psychologist for 6 years. With over a decade of experience as a therapist, I also have prior experience as a coach and trainer. My clinical expertise and personal identification with consensual non-monogamy, kink/BDSM, pansexuality and gender fluidity can help bridge the gap between these worlds and the venue of therapy, where inhabiting a shared reality can allow you, as the client, to feel validated and more deeply understood. I work extensively within the intersection of BIPOC, LGBT+ and Consensual Non-Monogamy. I utilize a mindfulness-based cognitive behavioral approach (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) combined with Somatic Experiencing™ and transpersonal interventions (Dr Stephen Gilligan's Generative Trancework; Shamanic Journey). Please see my website for more info.
Pronouns: She/Her, or They/Them
[cisgender-presenting non-binary demiwoman]
Valderrama Psychological, P.C.