Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Liz Powell, Psy.D.
- CA Psychologist | PSY27871
- | (if applicable)
- 3490 20th St., 3rd Floor San Francisco, California 94110
- (415) 735-1524
About Liz Powell Psy.D.
- Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anger Management, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Creativity, Depression, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, HIV/AIDS, LGBQIA, Mens Concerns, Polyamory and Alternative Relationship Configurations, Sexual Dysfunction, Sex Work, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Violence/Abuse, Womens Concerns
- Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- CBT, EMDR Therapy, Feminist, Mindfulness, Sex Therapy
- Can provide a superbill for out-of-network reimbursement
- Genderqueer, Non-Binary
- White/European American
Dr. Liz believes that great sex can change the world. She is on a mission to help you have more meaningful, pleasurable relationships in life and work, as well as the bedroom. She’s a coach and licensed psychologist (CA 27871) helping couples and singles develop self-confidence and authenticity in their relationships, whether conventional or non-traditional. Dr. Liz has made multiple media appearances, including as a co-host as on the Life on the Swingset podcast and on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio show Ideas. As a sex educator, Dr. Liz has spoken on many stages internationally including the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists Annual Conference, the Guelph Sexuality Conference, and the Woodhull Sexual Freedom Summit. Dr Liz believes that being confident in who you are is the gateway to great relationships and great sex - and great sex, according to Dr. Liz, can change the world. Learn more about Dr. Liz at sexpositivepsych.com, Sex-Positive Psych on YouTube and Facebook, and @sexpospsych on Twitter.