Benefits of Membership to Open Minds:
- Being part of a community of like-minded clinicians who are working towards greater acceptance and inclusion of sexual and gender diversity
- Your listing on our website for clients seeking a psychotherapist who works with these areas and populations
- Access to our email list so that you can share resources with our community, ask questions, get consultation, seek referrals, and promote your work & events
- Access to social and member events to have your voice heard and network with other members
- Access to Open Minds socials and other networking events
- The ability to serve as a speaker/educator and get your work better known to other clinicians and potential clients
- For students and pre-licensed clinicians, the ability to develop mentor-type relationships with clinicians with much more experience working with sexual and gender diversity
- Your devoted Board members working to promote the mission of our organization
Membership to Open Minds is open to:
- Mental Health Students seeking mentorship in working affirmatively with sexually diverse or gender diverse clients.
- Mental Health Professionals seeking networking, support, and consultation in working affirmatively and responsibly with said clients.
By becoming a member of Open Minds I agree that:
- I am committed to expanding positive psychological understandings of sexual and gender diversity, and to counteracting the historical and present day harm done by pathologizing diagnoses, stigma, and invisibility.
- I am committed to identifying standards of culturally competent care and to sharing this information with my colleagues so that we may all better serve our clients and their communities.
- I will abide by the ethical guidelines of my respective discipline as set forth by my licensing body.
Please use the form below to register online (you will be given the option to pay online or by mailing in a check). Your member profile will be activated once it is manually approved by the administrator.