Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Heather Buchheim, Registered Associate MFT, Registered Associate PCC
- Dr. Sheila Addison | LMFT #49616 (if applicable)
- P.O. Box 3928 Oakland, California 94609
- (650) 207-3946
About Heather Buchheim Registered Associate MFT, Registered Associate PCC
- ACA/Codependency, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Depression, Grief and Loss, LGBQIA, Polyamory and Alt Relationship Configurations, Sex Work, Substance Use/Abuse/Addiction, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Womens Concerns
- Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- CBT, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Mindfulness, Sex Therapy
- Gender Nonconforming, Genderfluid, Genderqueer, Non-Binary
- Jewish, White/European American
I am a queer, genderfluid, polyamorous, white, Jewish intersectional feminist who is dedicated to the pursuit of a more just world by acting in solidarity with struggles against white supremacy, capitalism, heteropatriarchy, and ableism. My pronouns are she/her/hers and they/them/theirs.
I’m fulfilling a lifelong passion for psychology that deepened through my own therapeutic work as a client who has experienced transformative change. I bring my own life experience to this work following a career in nonprofit communications, fundraising, and freelance writing. I'm thrilled to bridge my commitment to social justice on a broad scale to collaborative interpersonal and emotive work one-on-one, or two-(or more)-on-one with individuals, partners, and families.
Outside of therapeutic work, I enjoy organizing, getting outdoors with my dog, plant care, gardening, rollerskating, and writing.
If you’d like to learn more and see if we’re a good fit, feel free to reach out for a free 20-min consultation.