Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Julia Gallyot, Registered Associate MFT
- Gieve Patel | LMFT 47196 (if applicable)
- 1782 Church St. San Francisco, California 94131
- Remote Teletherapy
- (415) 294-0381
About Julia Gallyot Registered Associate MFT
- ACA/Codependency, Adolescents, Adult Performers, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anger Management, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Children, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Creativity, Depression, Eating Disorders/Body Image, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, LGBQIA, Sex Work, Spirituality, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Womens Concerns
- Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- Experiential/Somatic Therapy, Expressive Arts, Feminist, Gestalt, Hakomi, Mindfulness, Sex Therapy
- Cisgender Female
- White/European American, Other
Therapy is a relationship. My role in therapy is to walk with you through the exploration process. Ultimately, this relationship-building endeavor leads to more present, choiceful, and connected experiences.
I'm interested in present moment awareness. Together, we follow the thread of aliveness. Sometimes, more than one "part" of you is alive in the moment. Inviting in these parts can provide an opportunity to build a relationship with them.
Rather than pathologizing thoughts, behaviors, or feelings, I’m interested in giving them space to exist. In time, you'll likely find them more integrated and less overwhelming.
I enjoy and am experienced in psychotherapy with individuals, partners, children, and families. I utilize mindfulness, body-awareness, understanding systems of oppression, and strength-based frames
(a.k.a. Gestalt, Hakomi, Liberation, and depth psychotherapy).
I currently offer sessions remotely via video or audio call