Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Christopher Bernschein, Registered Associate MFT, Registered Associate PCC
- Registered Associate MFT | 96539
- Gieve Patel | 47196 (if applicable)
- 3150 18th Street San Francisco, California 94110
- (415) 610-7172
About Christopher Bernschein Registered Associate MFT, Registered Associate PCC
- Adolescents, Adult Performers, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anger Management, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Creativity, Depression, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, LGBQIA, Mens Concerns, Polyamory and Alt Relationship Configurations, Race/Ethnicity and Culture, Sexual Dysfunction, Spirituality, Substance Use/Abuse/Addiction, Trauma/PTSD
- ADA Accessible Office, Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- Cisgender Male
- White/European American
My education includes a B.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia in 1991, with additional studies in music (piano) and art history, and an M.A. in Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies in 2016. I completed my degree in counseling after a 25-year career in the financial and legal management fields. I have also been actively involved with fitness, yoga, meditation, and wellness over the last 15 years. I am currently working as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist with the Bay Area Gestalt Institute and the San Francisco Intimacy and Sex Therapy Center.