Not all of our members have elected to list their practices on this site. Some of our members are students or trainees and are not currently in private practice.
All of the mental health professionals listed below claim to carry the principles of Open Minds into their work. All of our members have also agreed to abide by the ethical guidelines of our respective disciplines.
However, please understand that Open Minds has not reviewed, investigated or evaluated any of the mental health professionals who list themselves with our organization. We make no guarantee as to the qualifications or the competence of those listed on our site.
Amber Mercader, MFT
- LMFT | 107982
- | # (if applicable)
- 411 30th Street Suite 412 Oakland, California 94609
- (415) 890-3815
About Amber Mercader MFT
- Adolescents, Adult Performers, Alternative Sexuality and Lifestyle, Anxiety/Panic, BDSM/Kink, Body Size Diversity, Couples/Relationship Counseling, Creativity, Depression, Fertility/Infertility, Fetishism, Grief and Loss, HIV/AIDS, Immigration/Acculturation, LGBQIA, Mens Concerns, Parenting, Race/Ethnicity and Culture, Self Harm/Self Injury, Sex Work, Spirituality, Substance Use/Abuse/Addiction, Trans and Gender Nonconforming, Trauma/PTSD, Violence/Abuse, Womens Concerns
- ADA Accessible Office, Sliding Scale / Low Fee
- CBT, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Experiential/Somatic Therapy, Expressive Arts, Feminist, Mindfulness, Psychoanalytic, Sex Therapy
- Cisgender Female
- Filipino, Mexican/Mexican American
A Queer Woman of Color Psychotherapist providing Individual, Partnership, and Family Psychotherapy. My approach is psychodynamic and I integrate interventions of Somatic therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Mindfulness, and Art therapy. I have advanced training supporting clients in the Queer community, Addiction & Recovery community, Women of Color, Activist communities, and Spiritual communities. I specialize in supporting those who experience vicarious trauma, oppression in many forms, and sexual trauma; including, childhood sexual abuse, sexual assault, sexual harassment, and sexual exploitation.