Benefits of Membership to Open Minds:
- Being part of a community of like-minded clinicians who are working towards greater acceptance and inclusion of sexual and gender diversity
- Your listing on our website for clients seeking a psychotherapist who works with these areas and populations
- Access to our email list so that you can share resources with our community, ask questions, get consultation, seek referrals, and promote your work & events
- Access to social and member events to have your voice heard and network with other members
- Access to Open Minds socials and other networking events
- The ability to serve as a speaker/educator and get your work better known to other clinicians and potential clients
- For students and pre-licensed clinicians, the ability to develop mentor-type relationships with clinicians with much more experience working with sexual and gender diversity
- Your devoted Board members working to promote the mission of our organization
Membership to Open Minds is open to:
- Mental Health Students seeking mentorship in working affirmatively with sexually diverse or gender diverse clients.
- Mental Health Professionals seeking networking, support, and consultation in working affirmatively and responsibly with said clients.
By becoming a member of Open Minds I agree that:
- I am committed to expanding positive psychological understandings of sexual and gender diversity, and to counteracting the historical and present day harm done by pathologizing diagnoses, stigma, and invisibility.
- I am committed to identifying standards of culturally competent care and to sharing this information with my colleagues so that we may all better serve our clients and their communities.
- I will abide by the ethical guidelines of my respective discipline as set forth by my licensing body.